23 June 2010

Gracious Spirit

Gracious Spirit, dwell with me:
I myself would gracious be;
and with words that help and heal
would thy life in mine reveal;
and with actions bold and meek
would for Christ my Savior speak.
    Truthful Spirit, dwell with me:
    I myself would truthful be;
    and with wisdom kind and clear
    let thy life in mine appear;
    and with actions brotherly
    speak my Lord's sincerity.
Mighty Spirit, dwell with me:
I myself would mighty be;
mighty so as to prevail
where unaided man must fail;
ever by a mighty hope
pressing on and bearing up.
    Holy Spirit, dwell with me:
    I myself would holy be;
    separate from sin, I would
    choose and cherish all things good,
    and whatever I can be,
    give to him who gave me thee!
Thomas T. Lynch (1855)

The Spirit bears witness with our Spirit, that we are children of God ...

Sing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment